skip to Main Content

Safety Reminder: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning is more common during the winter months as people increase their use of heating devices. Any living or work area that is heated with a gas or wood-burning appliance that is not properly maintained (or is in a space that is not properly ventilated) is susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is known as “the silent killer” because it can’t be seen or smelled. That is why it is so important to recognize the early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Nausea
  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Sore throat/cough
  • Abdominal pain

These early-indicator symptoms should not be ignored. A quick test to see if someone with symptoms is experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning is to get them outside into the fresh air—symptoms should begin to disappear once outside.

Information courtesy of:

safestart | Safety Reminder: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning | Jaco General Contractor


We believe that being a general contractor is about more than just building projects.
It’s about building strong, sustainable partnerships. With clients. With customers. With communities.

500 S Topeka Ave, FL 2 • Wichita, KS 67202-4419 • Phone: (316) 252-8200 • Fax: 888.832.0420

Back To Top